This month, we will exercise some gray cells. The T-SQL Quiz 2011 is now in progress, and I hope that by now, all of the T-SQL fans amongst you would have visited it.
For those who came in late, the T-SQL Quiz is an annual Quiz on T-SQL organized on this very web-site! I have been following it and participating since the last two years, and below is my experience so far:
- T-SQL Quiz is a great way to learn 30 new things in 30 days! – a crash course in the comfort of your home without any investment
- Some of the best Quizmasters contribute to the quiz – they have tons of industry experience, and are active community contributors
- You can have as many contributions as you wish
- T-SQL Quiz is always open for viewing – even after the submissions close. This can serve as great future reference when similar situations come up at work
- Anyone can participate!
- Most importantly, it’s fun!
So, how can I start?
Well, you start by visiting the T-SQL 2011 Quiz URL – http://beyondrelational.com/quiz/SQLServer/TSQL/2011/default.aspx – and then clicking on each day of the calendar to look at, and answer the question for that particular day.
But, I am online only once a week…
That’s not a problem. Each question is open for a period of 30 days, so you have plenty of time to research, learn about and then answer the question.
This is the most interesting part – rewards! The first prize is an Apple iPad sponsored by Redgate Software!
So, what are you waiting for? Give T-SQL Quiz 2011 a try this week-end itself. I am sure you will enjoy the experience. If you have any questions, head over to the FAQs section at http://beyondrelational.com/quiz/faq.aspx
Until we meet next time,
Be courteous. Drive responsibly.